The First Baptist Church of Hampton was founded in 1880. It was located at Hoover's Station (now a part of Hampton) and thus called Hoover's Baptist Church. By 1881 it was the Hampton Baptist Church and in 1961 it officially became The First Baptist Church according to the Charter of Incorporation granted by the Secretary of the State of South Carolina.
Our church is a direct descendant of The First Baptist Church of Charleston, South Carolina, the oldest Baptist church in the South. The Charleston church gave birth to The Beaufort Baptist Church, which gave birth to Lawtonville Baptist Church, which gave birth to Sand Hill Baptist Church, which served as the mother church to our new congregation.
Twenty-seven ministers have served our church as pastor.